Monday, September 7, 2009

If you do a search for the Twilight Alliance on Amazon.com you'll notice a new feature. Near the bottom of the page is a list of SIPs (statisically improbably phrases) that occur in my book. These are phrases that appear numerous times in my book compared to other books. Phrases like "magical spectrum", "fire demons" and "young mage" are included on the list. It's interesting to think that my book is wierd enough that I have introduced phrases that are probably almost never used and would be utterly meaningless in normal conversation.

I've also noticed that someon on Amazon is selling a new copy of my book for 32$... I'm not quite sure how that works? How do booksellers sell my book on Amazon for more than the retail price?

Anyway, just some wierd observations I made and it's been a while since I posted. On another (less irrelevant) note, in a few weeks the Twilight Alliance will be celebrating it's first year of publication. Time flies! Keep checking the blog for new developments. A draft of the Etherlands Volume II is now being read by a select few and the concensus is it is a much faster paced, exciting and thought provoking book than the first. Keep in touch. I may decide to post significant portions of the sequel online for people to get a preview of the Ashen Hordes.